CNS Hospitalwide Job Req 90511
NV Las Vegas
| Clinical Nurse Specialist
90511 - This is a new Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) job for the experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist to assume hospital wide responsibilities providing nursing care for adult patients with a variety of acute, critical and complex illnesses and conditions in this leading academic medical center. The APRN/CNS in this job is a clinical expert and patient advocate. They are skilled in direct patient care, consultation, systems leadership, collaboration, coaching, and research.
Responsibilities of the CNS Hospitalist Job:
- Using advanced assessment skills, provide direct and indirect care for patients and their families;
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests and procedures
Develop plans of care, implement treatments, and evaluate patient progress;
- Consult for advanced nursing care of complex, acutely ill, patients;
- Implement evidence-based clinical guidelines, care paths, policies, and procedures;
- Lead systems changes to promote excellent health outcomes, system efficiencies, and a healthy work environment:
- Collaborate and consult with interdisciplinary teams;
- Participate in research and process improvement initiatives;
- Serve as a mentor and consultant for the advancement of nursing practice and nursing professional development;
Qualifications for the CNS Hospitalist Job:
- Master's or Doctorate Degree in Nursing from an accredited CNS program, required;
- Minimum of two to five years of clinical and/or leadership experience, required;
- Current RN license in the State of Nevada, required
- Meets the Clinical Nurse Specialist definition per NAC 632.300; if not APRN, agrees to obtain APRN license within 1 year of hire, required;
- Current BLS certification, required;
- One of the following may also be required: ACLS (Cardiac), TNCC (Trauma), PALS (Pediatric), or NRP (Neonatal).
Consider joining this leading academic medical center as a Clinical Nurse Specialist Hospitalist and become part of this 500+ bed hospital that is dedicated to meeting the physical needs of patients as well as the emotional needs of patients and their families. Their Trauma Center has attained Level I designation, equipped to handle the most seriously ill and injured patients, and theirs is Nevada's only Burn Care Center. This job offers a very generous pension and benefits program.